Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Liebster Award

I was tagged by Shannon Rutherford at Drinking Not Studying for the Liebster Award and the Obituary Challenge. I've already done the Obituary Challenge, you can see it a few posts down.

Questions:
1. Who's your favourite artist?
I've loved Salvador Dali for a long time, so I'd have to go for him. I also really like Remedios Varo, Frida Kahlo, other Surrealists and the Pre-Raphelites.

2. What genre do you prefer to read?
I like classic Gothic stories set in the Victorian era and Steampunk because I have very Neo-Victorian tastes. I also like urban fantasy along the lines of Neil Gaiman, Francesca Lia Block, Holly Black and Charles de Lint because I like to believe there's magic in the world. And also the work of Sarah and Jennifer Diemer, because their fairytale inspired stories are so magical.

3. What is your life's primary goal?

I want to write full time, meet and become friends with other artists and interesting creative people, and also get to travel the world. I would also love to have a beautiful Steampunk/ Victorian wardrobe.

4. What do you think is your biggest skill?

Writing. I hope!

5. Can you play a musical instrument? Which one, and how long have you played it?

Nope. 

6. Who were you in high school: the cheerleader, the jock, the nerd, the goth, all of these things together XD...?

The nerd and the goth.

7. How is your perfect outfit? Describe it or just post a picture :)

Why must you ask that? I have so many perfect outfits! How to choose! There's the ones in the post below, and then I would also love all these outfits Regina wore in Once Upon A Time. This purple flocked coat was awesome! I love Victorian inspired outfits, I suppose that's pretty obvious!




I really want this dress!




8. Do you think of yourself as of an introvert or an extrovert person?
I certainly act bright and extroverted, but I think I'm somewhere in between, because I can be pretty nervous on the inside. But I am GREAT with people!
9. Which is your favourite cake?
Home made cake with cherry or blueberry or apple. My mum makes a pretty good one, as does my boyfriend's grandmother and aunt. They can make really fancy ones, but I like the fairly plain and sweet one that's kind of yellowy-white inside, and crisp crumbly brown outside.

10. If you were a fictional character, who would you be?
I'd love to be a performer in The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Not one of the main characters, just a minor one. That circus sounds like the perfect place to me. My boyfriend would work there too, behind the scenes somewhere. 

11. If you could solve one problem in the world, which one would it be?.

That's hard, maybe hunger? The world has so many problems it would be hard to choose one.

Here are my questions for the people I tag:
1. What book, movie or real life person most influences or inspires you? How?
2. What is your favourite wild animal? (Not dog, cat, etc.) and why.
3. If you had to choose between not sleeping ever again or not using the internet ever again (not even for research, email or assignments) which would you choose?
4. What is your favourite outfit? Put a picture here or describe it.
5. What is the best book you ever read and why?
6. If you could live in any era  (past and present only) what would it be and why?
7. Do you have a hobby? What is it?
8. Do you prefer skirts or pants?
9. You are given a ticket to go to one city in the world. Which one would it be and why?
10. You fall down a hole in the pavement and end up in Wonderland. What do you do?
11. Who is your favourite blogger and why? (I don't expect you to say me :P I am interested in discovering interesting blogs!)

Tagged for Liebster and the Obituary Challenge if you like: I tried not to tag people already tagged for one recently.

The Insomniac's Attic
Man Behind The Curtain 
Angels Monsters and Insects
On Paper Wings
Clockwork Mice And Toy Spiders
Bobbly Rainbow Socks
Strange Tears
Craft For Misfits
The Gothic Two Step
The Neo-Victorian Parlour
The Art of Steampunk

If I tagged you, nswer these questions, tag me and tag 11 more people you would like to get the award. Ask them 11 questions. Should have 200 followers or less.

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear Laura, thank you so much for "tagging" me for this lovely award! After reading through all the questions and promptly suffering an anxiety attack, would it be terribly ungracious of me to respectfully decline this wonderful opportunity? Not only would it be difficult to come up with intelligent answers to these questions, but one isn't even remotely confident enough to tag ELEVEN other bloggers for the award, thus breaking the chain and bringing down Bad Luck upon us all, I'm sure!

    Although one will answer Question Number 11 ... you, of course, are my Favourite Blogger! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura! Here are my answers:
    http://threefolddesigns.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/one-lovely-blog-liebster-awards.html

    I'm looking forward to exploring your blog further - I see you like Algernon Blackwood - love his work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge Victorian fan too, hehe. Great answers :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm followig :)
    http://creepers-and-cats.blogspot.pt/
    xx
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this award: here are my answers!

    http://onpaperwings-journeyofawriter.blogspot.com/2012/09/liebster-award.html

    And yes, the poem was mine!

    ReplyDelete